Hi there! I have been cleaning out my back room & the closet in there, and now have space to hang up all of my coats & dresses. Hoorah! I tried a bunch of the coats on tonight (my size has recently changed & I wanted to see which ones currently fit) & I had forgotten how much I love that red one (in the photo above.) It’s long & soft & from the late ’60s.
I’ve cleaned so much stuff out of my apartment. It feels great. I’m too much of a hoarder. I need to work on that.
Friday night, I got to see BFF Kate, one of my favorite people in the whole wide world, which was lovely. Here we are, at sushi:
- I am sick with some sort of a cold. Bah. My throat hurts and my neck hurts and I keep falling asleep exhausted, then waking up hyper, then getting an earache and falling back asleep, etc., and on and on like that. Thankfully, I have tomorrow off because of a school thing, so I can sleep if I need to.
- I am really nervous about the election. It’s making me even crankier than I already feel lately. I want to be really hopeful, I do, but I all too vividly remember 2000 and 2004, so I’m jaded and cynical and all that. I mean, I’m obviously hopeful (I cry with happiness & hope when I see Obama speaking at rallies), but I don’t know that deep down I believe it can happen. I want it to, I desperately do, but I am crushingly afraid that it won’t. I don’t know.
- If you don’t already have it, you definitely should download this live version of “Over the Rainbow” from Judy Garland’s Judy at Carnegie Hall: sendspace.com/file/gq97sw
It’s so painfully, achingly beautiful that I cry every single time I hear it. Her voice is so full of intense beauty, pain, regret, and fatigue. It came up on my Itunes tonight & I thought I’d share. If you aren’t moved by it, I’m pretty sure you’re not human. Really. It’s that touching. & Judy Davis does a brilliant reenactment of it in Life with Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows. I sobbed through that entire scene. I originally rented it solely to see lovely Hugh Laurie as Vincente Minnelli, but I ended up really loving it all.
- Currently listening to: Leonard Cohen’s “Joan of Arc.” The subject line lyrics are from it.
- I feel weird and cranky from being sick, but I’m not tired, so I’m off to paint my nails and watch Conan.
More soon! xxoo