- I’d like to share a couple of songs that I’ve been loving lately:
The first is “Cactus Cat” by Look Blue Go Purple, an New Zealand band that was on Flying Nun Records in the ’80s. Mike & Dan were big Flying Nun fans back in the day (and still are), and they introduced me to this band a few years ago. I love the girl-y vocals and the wonderful/sweet girl love-y lyrics. It’s total twee-pop, but smart, too. I love:
“Yeah she is my cactus cat,
she is my best friend,
and our love will never end,”
“Yeah, she is my cactus cat
and it’s a great life, we both agree.”
Download it here: sendspace.com/file/js6wlo
And the second is Leonard Cohen’s “Tonight Will Be Fine,” from Songs from a Room. It’s beautiful, spooky, otherworldly, and intense, yet it also manages to be darling, sweet, and soothing, somehow, too. So wonderful. I love:
“Oh sometimes I see her undressing for me,
she’s the soft naked lady love meant her to be
and she’s moving her body so brave and so free.
If I’ve got to remember that’s a fine memory.”
Download it here: sendspace.com/file/8t2164
- Recently, I’ve been enjoying taking walks around my parents’ house and although I’ve been familiar with that area since I was a child, I never realized quite how breathtakingly lovely it is until recently. I took this while walking earlier this week:
Goodness! It’s amazing up there.
- I love autumn weather, so I really wish that it would stick around for a while instead of turning into 30 degree temperatures so quickly :/ Ah, well. At least I have candles like this one:
They make my apartment smell so lovely & they’re comforting, too.
& Oh, pumpkins!:
- Mike & I haven’t been able to see much of Dan lately, so I’m extra happy when we do. They went out to pick up our pizza last night & by the time they got back to Mike’s I was bouncy & like “Boys! Boys! OMG, here’s what you missed on t.v.!” Heh! I love watching things with them. We’re like some sort of all-human MST3K squad, which I guess would make me Crow. Not bad, that.
- Shit, I need to leave for work now. And I need to remember to bundle up, because I work until 9 & it’s damn cold out at 9 :/
More soon! xo