A few random things:
- Messy head, this afternoon:
- I’m madly in love with Lou Reed’s acoustic demo of “Perfect Day”, from the 2002 re-release of Transformer. Download it here. & Stick around until the end of the track for a little treat :) (ETA: add .m4a as an extension at the end of the file if it doesn’t open for you. I’m not sure what’s up with it :/ )
- I never tire of this quote, from The Great Gatsby:
“Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter– tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther… And one fine morning–
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
I thought of it yesterday while driving & had to find it when I came home. It gives me chills. So beautiful.
- I am applying for a job that I really, really want. I try not to get too excited about things because I’m quite familiar with crushing disappointment, but I do have to allow myself some hope. Indeed.
- The PhD application process has been complicated by a huge snag, which is all my fault. Dammit. I’ll see if I can figure it out.
- I should seriously keep count of how many times I have to say, “No, I’m not a student. I’m a teacher” at work each week. Ugh.
More soon! xo